- Provide proof of individual/semi-permanent lash extension certificate in advance of the course date and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit examples of your current lash work (see reference sheet), email to email@example.com
- Send a copy of your Public Liability insurance policy, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read your pre-course manual and take your pre-course test - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/pre-course-test
- Organise your model to attend your training day, they will be required from 3pm to 6pm, bring with you the completed client consultation card. Top tip: always have a back up model, as they do have a tendency to cancel; remember your training is not their priority.
- If you cannot arrange your own model please let us know at least ONE week prior to your course date, as we are not able to guarantee model provision, and you may need to move to another date.
- Carry out a patch test on your model at least 48 hours before attending the course. This needs to be done with our Ultra Platinum Adhesive, or Master Lash Artist Adhesive.
- Cleanse the eyes to remove all eye makeup and protein from the lashes
- Cover the lower lashes with 3m tape and under eye pads
- Apply two 8mm length, 0.15mm thickness extensions to the outer corner natural lashes on both eyes, ensuring the 2mm safety distance is followed.
- Keep the eyes closed for 2-3 minutes to allow all glue vapours to disperse
- Remove 3m tape and under eye pads
- Document the patch test on the client consultation form
- Take photographic images
- Arrive promptly at the above time as admission to the training room will be refused should you arrive any later than 15 minutes after the start of the session.
- Let us know before the course if you have any known allergies to adhesive/plasters
- Bring glasses with you if applicable
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Bring a packed lunch with you
- Bring a pen and notepad to take further notes
Specifically, to be adhered to by your model
- Wear eye make-up
- Wear Contact lenses
- have your lashes permed or tinted in the 72 hours prior to the course
- Model must not have eyelash extensions
Training includes demonstrations, practical activities and underpinning theory knowledge to ensure you feel confident in delivering the service you are training in. There is a requirement for you to complete case studies to gain certification this is on average 3 for an xD course. Case studies need to be completed within a 3-month period following your course. There is also access to a workshop session with your educator, these are a great way for hands on support and can be the push needed for certification. After training you will receive ongoing support from your educator and the education team to help you with any issues or queries you may have after training.